White shoes are famous among all irrespective of gender and age. It is damn true that the most expensive white shoes become dirty and old in a few weeks if they are not properly cleaned and maintained. So whatever the brand of your white converse you have to clean them regularly to use for a longer duration with cleaner and newer look.
Many people love converse sneakers especially white ones, but the challenge is how to maintain them properly so that they did not lose the bright look they had when they were brand new. Below are five easy steps that can assist in either keeping your converse looking new even as they get old or cleaning them in the best way possible. However, it is important to mention from the onset that the former and the latter stages of these procedures need to be followed whichever method you have decided to use. These steps shall certainly go a long way in assisting you in getting to know how to clean white converse.
- 1 Removing the Shoe Laces
- 1.1 STEP 1 – Use of Powder Cleaners To Clean Your White Converse
- 1.2 STEP 2 – Toothpaste As A Cleanser Of Dirty Area For How To Clean White Converse
- 1.3 STEP 3 – Baking Soda & Vinegar As Agents Of Cleaning Your Converse Shoes
- 1.4 STEP 4 – Use Of A Machine To Wash Your Converse Sneakers
- 1.5 STEP 5 – The Use of A Dishwasher For Cleaning Converse
- 2 The Last Step After Washing Your Converse
Removing the Shoe Laces
The removal of the shoelaces is an important preliminary step in getting to know how to clean white converse effectively. The removal of the shoe laces enables easy access to the area around the holes of the laces. When you remove the shoe laces, you are advised to run the pair of converse below running water that is slightly warm, before you start the real cleaning. However, it is important to note that any excess water needs to be removed from the pair of converse.
Removal of shoelaces is not enough for cleaning of white converse as cleaning of shoelaces should always be considered. When your white converse are sparkling white while shoelaces are dirty and muddy, then, cleaning of your white converse has no benefit. Overall shoes don’t look clean when shoelaces are dirty so cleaning of shoelaces is equally important as the cleaning of white converse.
STEP 1 – Use of Powder Cleaners To Clean Your White Converse
- You can use a strong powder cleansing substance preferably a synthetic liquid that can produce oil or dirt. The powder should be mixed with a little amount of some heated water. The mixture should be able to form a consistency that is like a paste. A toothbrush is then dipped into the mixture and scrubbed onto the converse rubber areas. The scrubbing should be done through tiny but firm circular motions that need to be concentrated on the areas that have the greatest strain on the converse. Warm water should be used to rinse the white converse, and after that, a clean piece of cloth should be used to dry the shoe. A repeat of the same procedure needs to be done if there are stains that remain even after doing it the first time. Other products such as the Magic Eraser can remove any stain that is proving to be quite defiant. In as far as drying is concerned the recommended method is air drying. Baking soda can be used in the place of other cleaning powders. Cleaning powders that have bleach as one of their ingredients are highly discouraged because they bleach the fabric of the converse. This is the first procedure on how to clean white converse that should certainly be helpful to every converse owner.
- Hand soap is another famous detergent that could be used to clean white converse. The use of hand soap or beauty soap for cleaning of white converse is a very easy method because you have to wet your white converse after removing the laces. Now apply the soap on shoes as you apply it on the hands. Rub soap on use until it makes foam. Now rub gently your shoes with a brush until they become clean and stain free. Now rinse with normal water and shade dry likewise other cleaning methods.
STEP 2 – Toothpaste As A Cleanser Of Dirty Area For How To Clean White Converse
Cleaning of the converse sneakers through the use of toothpaste. As one of the procedures on how to clean white converse sounds quite absurd, but it can do an excellent job on your converse shoes. Through the use of an old toothbrush, the toothpaste rubbed onto the fabric of the dirty shoes. It is important to mention here that the kind of toothpaste that is recommended for this sort of work is a non-gel white toothpaste. Once the toothpaste has been evenly spread onto the fabric of the shoe, then it should be allowed to rest for approximately ten minutes. After the time is gone, you should use a damp piece of cloth to clean off the toothpaste from the Converse sneakers. To whiten the shoes, even more, the procedure can be repeated several times.
Pro Tip: Whenever you are applying toothpaste on white converse you must consider the white colored toothpaste for this purpose because blue, red or any other colored paste may leave a color on your white converse. In this way, your white converse becomes more dirty and untidy.
STEP 3 – Baking Soda & Vinegar As Agents Of Cleaning Your Converse Shoes
A mixture in the quantities of one tablespoon of each of the following white vinegar baking soda and hot water should be made and has to be done in such a way that it should be pasty. The paste should then be spread evenly onto the rubber soles and the fabric of the sneakers. Profound and circular motions should be used to remove stubborn stains from your converse sneakers. By using the lukewarm water rinse the sneakers so as to remove the baking soda and the vinegar. The procedure should be repeated in case there are stubborn stains that are refusing to go away in some regions of the sneakers. Before putting back the shoe laces marking the end of this procedure of cleaning the converse, it would be significant to note that the shoes should be dried completely out in the sunshine. A limited spray of starch is highly recommended as it can renew the converse sneakers.
Baking soda can also be mixed with hydrogen peroxide to clean white converse. Half tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide is mixed with one tablespoon of baking soda to make a paste. This paste is applied directly on white converse without rubbing. Leave the mixture on shoes for 45 minutes then clean the shoes with the help of normal water and dry them under shade.
STEP 4 – Use Of A Machine To Wash Your Converse Sneakers
A bucket that is of a small size should be half filled with water and more than half cup of baking soda. A small amount of dishwashing detergent should also be added and stirred up with the edge of a toothbrush. The bristles of the toothbrush should be dipped into the bucket, and then you proceed to brush briskly, the toe area of the converse. You should, however, ensure that all the dirt and stain marks are removed. The protective guard around the toe patch next to the base of the shoe should be thoroughly scrubbed. The dirt that is clinging to the pattern marks should also be removed. The machine should be set on a small cycle, and the shoes put inside without putting any other clothes inside the washing machine. There should be an addition of half a cup of laundry detergent into the machine. Bleachers should be avoided at all costs because they tamper with the patterns of your converse sneakers.
STEP 5 – The Use of A Dishwasher For Cleaning Converse
It sounds like an entirely crazy idea, but the truth is that a dishwasher can be used to clean, effectively your favorite pair of Converse sneakers. It is recommended you adjust your water valve to hot so as to enable the water to get heated in your dishwasher. A dish detergent should be added, and the converse sneakers should be placed on the highest rack facing downwards. The dish washing cycle should run normally, and once it is complete, then the damp sneakers should be removed and laid out somewhere in the sunshine. In the absence of sunny weather, the converse sneakers can be placed in a dryer together with towels or pieces of cloth so that there is minimum banging of the shoes inside the dryer. This is yet another addition to the list of excellent procedures on how to clean white converse.
The Last Step After Washing Your Converse
It is prudent that the converse shoes are placed where there is modest heat so as to dry. Small amounts of liquid chalk can be applied to the toe patch of the shoe. The toe piece of the shoe should be cleaned with a wet sponge that is moistened in a gentle soapy detergent. The converse shoes should be air-dried. To prevent looseness and twisting of the shoe laces, they need to be straightened. The tongue of the shoe should be placed in the middle under the two eyelet rows.