Wireless routers internet or WiFi modems use the same radio frequency as microwaves. Does this mean that WiFi is dangerous for your health?
Of course, any impact on the WiFi Health clearly has, in fact, affects us even radiation from the monitor. But the question is, how it effects on the body significantly, and whether to pay attention to it at all? Therefore, it is necessary to consider this issue from both sides, but not immediately nominate a single opinionated opinion.
Arguments in favor of the fact that WiFi is unlikely to harm the health
- The intensity of the WiFi signal is approximately 100,000 times less than that of the microwave oven.
- The signal level drops very quickly. Under normal conditions, the intensity of the WiFi is so low that this should not worry – it’s just part of the ” electric smog “, which also produce radio and television signals, power cables, electric motors in household appliances, and the universe as a whole.
- Often, the wavelength of the signal WiFi (12 cm) is approximately the same as that of the cosmic background radiation (0.001 – 0.5 m), which affects us when going outside. And this cosmic radiation influenced by another of our ancestors in the stone caves, so we are ready to it partially.
- The electromagnetic spectrum includes waves of very long waves – radio frequency to very short – gamma radiation. In this light visible for us somewhere in the middle.We know that the types of ionizing radiation with a shorter wavelength of light, usually dangerous. Examples include ultraviolet (UV) rays, X-rays, and gamma rays.The ultraviolet portion of sunlight, of course, is also dangerous, and therefore, come up with sunscreen.
Non-Ionizing wavelength, the frequency of light that are usually not dangerous. These include infrared light, radio waves. With a frequency of 2.45GHz Wi-Fi passes in the microwave range, which also work baby monitors and mobile phones.
Certainly, it is possible to do things with and dangerous radiation. The sun’s rays using curved mirrors can ignite objects, waves in the microwave oven magnetron due to high power and boil the water. Even you can use a high-pressure water jet to pierce steel but it does not mean that people will die from taking a bath or standing under a fountain.
- Mobile phone during a call is near the brain while the Wi-Fi router may well be in another room. And by some estimates, a person receives a large dose of microwaves from one 20-minute phone call than a year from the impact of Wi-Fi, the source of which is not right next to him.
- Twenty laptops and two routers are roughly equivalent to one mobile phone at standard conditions of use.
- World Health Organization, which has studied this topic in depth, says: “In the area of biological effects and medical applications of non-ionizing radiation approximately 25,000 published articles in the past 30 years. Despite some opinions that need something more to explore, scientific knowledge in this area is now more extensive than for most chemicals. Based on a recent in-depth review of the scientific literature, the WHO concluded that current evidence does not confirm the existence of any health consequences from exposure to electromagnetic fields of low level.However, some gaps in knowledge about biological effects exist and need further research. “
Arguments in favor of the fact that Wi-Fi can be a potential health hazard
- In the summer of 2011, the World Health Organization identified the electromagnetic fields that emanate from Wi-Fi, mobile phone networks, radio, microwave, and cordless home phones as “possibly carcinogenic” agents along with other things (such as coffee) for which evidence harm are not yet clearly confirmed.
- There was a case when a woman doctor noticed that her family members are experiencing sleep disturbances, palpitations, headache, and general poor health, and it all started with the same week and these pain continued on. After eliminating all other possible causes, she turned off the router, and they feel better.Fortunately, they did not live in an area littered with electromagnetic fields from wireless technologies from nearby houses. Now, of course, the family uses a wired connection to the Internet, and health problems are not returned.
- There are a number of research results (2009-2014 gg.) About the impact of the microwave frequency of 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz (Wi-Fi) in animals and humans, which confirm a negative impact on many body functions. According to their results:
- observed deleterious effects of radiofrequency waves emitted from conventional Wi-Fi devices on the tests of growing rats;
- using portable computers connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi, decreases human sperm motility and increases sperm DNA fragmentation;
- modulation wireless network (2.45 GHz) due to toxic oxidation of melatonin in the mucosa of rats;
- and is still a huge number of other results, including the effect on the autonomic nervous system, heart rate, brain and spinal cord, the effect on the kidneys of rats during pregnancy, etc. All of this can be seen in more detail here .
- Is far away from the source of Wi-Fi waves during its use in most cases impossible.After all, even a router in a distant room, but the device with which you use the Internet (laptop, tablet, smartphone), itself not only acts as a receiver but the transmitter of electromagnetic waves. So, for example, even a smartphone in your pocket pants with permanently active Wi-Fi, creates an electromagnetic field around your genitals. And they influence Wi-Fi, is supposed to affect one of the first queues.
- Existing results of studies performed on plants, for example, on watercress school girls from Denmark. Seeds that were affected Wi-Fi did not germinate. By the way, Denmark holds the record at all in such evidence of harm to electrosmog.
- It is not the students, and scientists in Denmark the same during the experiments proved negative impact Wi-Fi on the human brain and houseplants. Although it is a questionable source. During their experiments, the students had to be put under the pillow at night smartphone-enabled Wi-Fi, and then the next day they were observed vasospasm and impaired concentration. But it sounds very subjective and not very convincing. In the second case, they noticed a distinct loss of pot plants indoors, where there was a router for wireless Internet.
Directly harm officially WiFi, as well as any other similar sources of radio waves (wireless LAN, radio controlled devices, Bluetooth headsets, cordless phones and home etc.) per person at the moment inconclusive. Although this body of research conducted over, which resulted in, like, there was damage to WiFi, but also often the lack of it.
The main problem is to will the subjective results that in the event of different negative consequences has not been substantiated particularly their manifestation process. But also, everyone understands that there is usually no smoke without fire. Many people claim that they have observed a general malaise, which is possible due to the electromagnetic field emanating from the power of the wireless internet. Although it was a lot more when health problems occur in living near antennas, providing mobile communications.
Be especially careful worth children, the impact of Wi-Fi on health are most likely. After all, children are more susceptible to radiation than adults. Also, to minimize the potential harm from this modern technology can help some tips.
Recommendations for reducing potential harm from Wi-Fi
- Use as a signal receiver and transmitter disposed away Wi-Fi antenna and not the device itself.This approach is primarily stationary PC users that were not originally equipped with a module Wi-Fi. But hardly laptop owners will connect such an antenna if these gadgets are almost all equipped with an internal module for the job. And for tablet PCs and smartphones, this method does not rational.
- Try as much as possible to use cable internet without Wi-Fi. But tablets and smartphones are here also pose overboard.
- If the source of Wi-Fi is not yours, then in most cases it is or neighbors, or simply in another room, while Wi-Fi harm is minimal, as long as you’re not using it. For even better protection from his field, you can use foil or other reflective material.According to this principle operates Faraday cage . For the experiment, the mobile phone can be wrapped in foil and call if it does not work, then the experiment was a success. But as there are building insulation materials to retain moisture and heat include aluminum composition. They also can help to achieve the effect of a Faraday cage.
- Source off Wi-Fi in the house when not in use, rather than leaving it for the night, as do most. Also, disable the function that is responsible for his work in their phones, especially when wearing a pocket. And it is not advisable to put a mobile phone under a pillow or very close beside him during sleep because even taking off with the wireless internet it has an adverse effect.
In any case, there is more serious health threat than Wi-Fi, which we can influence.Substandard food, bad habits, passive lifestyle – much more may negatively affect.